In October of 2012 I wrote a post called: My Wallpaper Obsession Takes Hold.
Now I want to share with you some of the reasons why I’m so obsessed and so excited about what is happening in the world of wallpaper right now.
Digital photography, design and printing techniques are revolutionizing this product into something so different from what wallpaper has been in the past. Plus, paper manufacturers are coming up with papers that are so much easier to apply, clean, remove and … yes, do over!
Let’s face it, wallpaper is just getting cooler and cooler.
Here are 10 designers who are, in my opinion, testing the boundaries in really exciting ways.
1. Arthur Slenk Remixed Wallpaper | Netherlands
What I love about it: It looks 3D, like you’ve actually collaged thousands of little pieces of paper to your wall.
2. Brooklyn Tins Wallpaper | Netherlands
What I love about it: It strikes the perfect balance between delicate and tough.
3. Deborah Bowness Wallpaper | England
What I love about it: The way it hangs loosely on the wall.
4. Ellie Cashman Wallpaper | Netherlands
What I love about it: The drama.
5. Groovy Magnets Wallpaper | Belgium
What I love about it: Its fluidity and flexibility. You’re an active participant. Change it up as needed!
6. Piet Boon Concrete Wallpaper | Netherlands
What I love about it: Texture and light … Need I say more?
7. Piet Hein Eek Scrapwood Wallpaper | Netherlands
What I love about it: Totally deceiving!! It looks like real wood.
8. Quercus & Co. Wallpaper | Australia
What I love about it: It retains the look of a hand painting.
9. Studio Ditte Wallpaper | Netherlands
What I love about it: So clean and crisp, fun and playful.
10. Suzanne Shade Wallpaper | United States
What I love about it: It makes you dizzy (in a good way), as it works in both 2 and 3 dimensions. When I look at this, I just can’t decide if I want to enjoy the simple geometry of how it’s put together, or get sucked into the depth of the landscape photo …